LIST OF TAT I LIKE

  • BOOKS/AUTHORS Orson Scott Card,Ray Bradbury, Enders Game (by card) pretty much every short story by Ray Bradbury
  • MOVEHZ,The Matrix,Apocalypse Now,It might get loud,Suspiria,The exorcist,A hard days night, I guess more but I'm geting lazy...
  • music: laibach,the beatles,the smashing pumpkins,white stripes,led zeppelin,son house,cibo matto,butter 08,lamb of god i guess,rammstien,serge gainsbourg, tom waits, the doors,the kinks anything good...
I like to drum

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

OK so today today I'm going to do a little review of the UNKLE album "Psyence Fiction" and yes thats hows its spelled. So just note something I'm not a professional music critic and I chose this album at random from my collection and I haven't really reviewed all the tracks but whatever its fun and I have nothing better to do so heres my review of "Psyence Fiction".  OK so I can seriously the first track has one of the coolest bridges from the intro to the start of the drum beat EVER... ever.  So it builds up with orchestral stuff and you feel like something big is going to happen and all of the sudden it stops and says something like "SOMEWHERE IS SPACE, THIS MIGHT BE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!"* and then it goes to this super awesome fill that goes like "CHA DU CHA DU CHA DU CHA DU BATABATABATABATABATABATABABATA PSSHH!! DUDUD chA DUDU DUDU chA" and then someone starts doing this epic rap verse about the future and stuff. So Deltron 3030 comes to mind when you hear the acoustic almost fusion like beats in there and of course the sci fi like theme hearkens you back to "the intergalactic rhyme federation" and such from Deltron 3030.  One of the best tracks on the album is the almost nine minuet epic blast of strings beats and overall awesomeness of the track "Lonely Soul" which sampled music from Apocalypse Now (which is an awesome film might I add).  So I give this album a NINE OUT OF TEN!!!!! WOOOOTT!! yay!


Here's "Lonely Soul"






*which is from the "Star Wars Episode IV" trailer according to wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment